Current:Home > InvestSurpassing:Princess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says -GrowthInsight
Surpassing:Princess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says
TrendPulse View
Date:2025-04-06 19:13:47
Princess Kate has returned home nearly two weeks after she was admitted to the hospital for a "planned abdominal surgery."
The Princess of Wales,Surpassing 42, is back at the royal's home in Windsor to continue her recovery. "She is making good progress," Kensington Palace said in a statement Monday.
"The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided," the statement continued. "The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world."
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate underwent a "successful" surgery on Jan. 16 and was expected to remain hospitalized for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter," according to the statement.
Princess Kate hospitalizedfor abdominal surgery, postpones royal engagements, palace says
Kate asked for privacy amid her recovery. "She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private."
The Princess of Wales and husband Prince William share three kids: Prince George, 10; Princess Charlotte, 8; and Prince Louis, 5.
The palace apologized to all those affected by Kate's postponed engagements. "She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible," the statement concluded.
King Charles recently treated for an enlarged prostate
That same day as the news of Kate's surgery, Buckingham Palace announced King Charles III would undergo treatment for an enlarged prostate.
King Charles was admitted to a London hospital for the scheduled treatment, the palace announced Friday.
"His Majesty would like to thank all those who have sent their good wishes over the past week and is delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness," the palace said.
On. Jan 17, Buckingham Palace said King Charles would seek treatment for a "corrective procedure" that is "in common with thousands of men each year."
The palace said the king's condition is "benign," but public engagements would be postponed for a brief period of rest as he heals from the procedure and timing of the announcement could be seen as explaining King Charles' absence. Foreign dignitaries and members of the Cabinet had been due to travel to Dumfries House in Scotland.
The British royals typically maintain a robust schedule of public engagements for their various charities and personal family outings such as their yearly Easter church service at St. George's Chapel.
Contributing: Jay Stahl, Brendan Morrow, Taijuan Moorman, USA TODAY; The Associated Press
King Charles III to be hospitalizedfor enlarged prostate, palace says
veryGood! (14228)
Related
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
- White Nebraska man shoots and wounds 7 Guatemalan immigrant neighbors
- Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone dominates 400 hurdles, sets world record again
- Documenting the history of American Express as an in-house historian
- Trump wants to turn the clock on daylight saving time
- Simone Biles, pop singer SZA appear in 2024 Paris Olympics spot for NBC
- The Bears are letting Simone Biles' husband skip some training camp to go to Olympics
- New clerk sworn in to head troubled county courthouse recordkeeping office in Harrisburg
- Opinion: Gianni Infantino, FIFA sell souls and 2034 World Cup for Saudi Arabia's billions
- 'House of the Dragon' tragic twins get burial by chocolate with cake used for dirt
Ranking
- Pregnant Kylie Kelce Shares Hilarious Question Her Daughter Asked Jason Kelce Amid Rising Fame
- 18 Must-Have Beach Day Essentials: From Towels and Chairs to Top Sunscreens
- Lawsuit says Pennsylvania county deliberately hid decisions to invalidate some mail-in ballots
- North Carolina police charge mother after 8-year-old dies from being left in hot car
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- NHL reinstates Bowman, Quenneville after being banned for their role in Blackhawks assault scandal
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Monkey in the Middle
- More evaluation ordered for suspect charged in stabbings at Massachusetts movie theater, McDonald’s
Recommendation
Tree trimmer dead after getting caught in wood chipper at Florida town hall
Sophia Bush, Cynthia Erivo and More Show Amber Ruffin Love After She Comes Out During Pride Month
Why Fans Are Convinced Travis Kelce Surprised Taylor Swift at Her Dublin Show
Arkansas groups not asking US Supreme Court to review ruling limiting scope of Voting Rights Act
Residents worried after ceiling cracks appear following reroofing works at Jalan Tenaga HDB blocks
Florida man admits to shooting at Walmart delivery drone, damaging payload
Atlanta City Council approves settlement of $2M for students pulled from car during 2020 protests
Ford, Volkswagen, Toyota, Porsche, Tesla among 1M vehicles recalled: Check car recalls here